How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat: A Step-by-Step Guide
Introduction: Why Unblock Someone on Snapchat?
In some cases, you may have blocked someone on Snapchat but now want to reconnect with them. Perhaps you had a falling out but have since reconciled, or maybe you accidentally blocked someone and want to fix the mistake. Whatever the reason, unblocking someone on Snapchat is a simple process that can help you reestablish a connection with a friend or acquaintance. In the following sections, we’ll walk you through the steps of unblocking someone on Snapchat.
How to Find the Person You Want to Unblock
Before you can unblock someone on Snapchat, you need to find their profile. Depending on how long it’s been since you blocked them and whether or not you remember their username, this step may be more or less challenging. However, there are a few different ways to search for someone on Snapchat:
- Search by username: If you know the person’s username, you can search for them by typing it into the search bar at the top of the app’s main screen.
- Search by phone number: If you have the person’s phone number saved in your contacts and they have linked their Snapchat account to their phone number, you can search for them by phone number in the “Add Friends” section of the app.
- Search by Snapcode: If you have the person’s Snapcode (a unique QR code that can be scanned to add someone as a friend), you can scan it using the Snapchat camera to add them as a friend.
Once you’ve found the person you want to unblock, you can move on to the next step: actually unblocking them on Snapchat.
Steps to Unblock Someone on Snapchat
Once you’ve found the person you want to unblock, follow these steps to unblock them on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner to access your settings.
- Scroll down to the “Blocked” section and tap on it.
- You’ll see a list of all the people you’ve blocked on Snapchat. Find the person you want to unblock and tap on their name.
- On the next screen, tap on the “Unblock” button to unblock the person.
- A confirmation message will pop up asking if you’re sure you want to unblock the person. Tap “Yes” to confirm.
That’s it! You’ve successfully unblocked the person on Snapchat. Keep in mind that unblocking someone does not automatically add them back as a friend. If you want to reconnect with the person on Snapchat, you’ll need to send them a friend request.
What Happens After You Unblock Someone on Snapchat?
After you unblock someone on Snapchat, they will be able to send you snaps and chats again, and their stories will reappear in your feed if you were previously following them. However, unblocking someone does not restore any messages or snaps that were previously sent or received between you and the person while they were blocked. Those messages will still be deleted and cannot be recovered.
It’s also worth noting that unblocking someone on Snapchat does not necessarily mean that you want to be friends with them again. If you unblock someone but don’t want to receive snaps or chats from them, you can still remove them as a friend by tapping on their profile and selecting “Remove Friend.”
How to Avoid Having to Unblock Someone on Snapchat in the Future
If you want to avoid having to unblock someone on Snapchat in the future, there are a few things you can do:
Think before you block: Before blocking someone on Snapchat, consider whether there are other ways to address the situation. For example, if someone is sending you unwanted snaps or chats, you can try asking them to stop before resorting to blocking them.
Use privacy settings: Snapchat offers a variety of privacy settings that can help you control who can send you snaps and chats, view your stories, and more. Experiment with these settings to find the level of privacy that works best for you.
Remove toxic people from your friends list: If someone consistently causes drama or makes you feel uncomfortable on Snapchat, consider removing them from your friends list altogether. This can help prevent future conflicts and save you the hassle of having to block and unblock them.
By taking these steps, you can help prevent the need to unblock someone on Snapchat in the future and make your experience on the app more enjoyable.